The Parkland Paddling Club is a non-profit, community-based club dedicated to promoting, developing, and supporting a safe, fun, accessible, and responsible paddling community.
Through weekly pool sessions in the winter and outdoor programs in the summer, the Parkland Paddling Club aims to provide access to equipment, training opportunities and a welcoming community in order to make the joys and benefits of paddling available to people in the parkland. The club is structured to benefit members by providing:
- Affordable access to pool time during the winter;
- Equipment for members during instructional programs and sanctioned events;
- Instruction through professional courses, guided events, and leadership mentoring;
- Exposure to the benefits of kayaking and adventure for youth;
- An online community via our Facebook Page (links on home page);
- A welcoming paddling community in the Parkland.
Club sanctioned events are led by trained club leaders. Instructional courses and clinics and taught by Nationally Certified Instructors who lead participants through a progressive skill development program in a positive and safe learning environment.
The PPC is a club member of the Manitoba Paddling Association, Canoe Kayak Canada, and an affiliate of Paddle Canada. Our sister club is Manitoba White Water Club. Our instructional school affiliates are Prairie Whitewater and WAVpaddling Kayak School in Wpg.
We teach and practice the 7 "Leave No Trace" outdoor recreation / camping environmental principles. Visit LNT Canada here.
Your volunteer board members include:
Mick Lautt - President / Education Chair / Secretary
Steve Sobering - Vice President / Membership Convenor
Roxane Neufeld - Marketing Coordinator
Isabelle Dufresne - Treasurer
If you are interested in helping out, your involvement would be appreciated.
For general questions and discussion about paddling, trip logistics, equipment, etc. please like us and join us on FACEBOOK (link on home page)
We look forward to hearing from you!
SUPPORT THE PARKLAND'S NON-PROFIT PADDLING CLUB AND BE PART OF THE COMMUNITY!
- Join other paddlers in a fun, safe, and welcoming environment, year round!
- Participate as an individual or with your family.
- Enjoy subsidized paddling instruction from some of Canada's top, nationally certified instructors.
- Access top quality paddling equipment in both winter pool sessions and summer outdoor programming.
- Support and contribute to paddling events, safety and skill training, and community youth outreach programs.
- Promote environmental advocacy through the Leave No Trace Principles practiced in all outdoor club programs.
- Become involved in issues that affect our paddling environment.
- Have fun and stay active year round!